Re: Neat features in Eclipse editor

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: Neat features in Eclipse editor
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 17:56:06 -0400

> * "Perspectives" are named persistent window configurations.  We have
> had the window configuration mechanism in GNU Emacs since the
> beginning but we have never developed a good user interface to take
> advantage of them.  Eclipse's user interface seems to be good.

Well, we already have `C-x r w R' (window-configuration-to-register)
and `C-x r f R' (frame-configuration-to-register) for saving window
configurations, and `C-x r j R' for restoring them.

Though it's true that this could certainly be more user-friendly.
Maybe the simplest way to do this is to add a "window configuration"
submenu to the File menu on the menu-bar.

What kind of user interface does Eclipse provide for this?