Re: C-r and C-s in minibuffer should search completion

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: C-r and C-s in minibuffer should search completion
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 18:13:31 -0400

>> I believe C-s and C-r in the minibuffer should not only search the
>> history but the completion table as well (at least when it's not
>> a function).

Sorry, I meant M-r/M-s.

> There is one problem: what to search first - the history or the
> completion table.  Either preference will cause inconveniences.

No problem: Make sure you start the search in between the two sets, so
that M-r will first search one and M-s will first search the other.
I'd guess M-r should first search through history, while M-s should
first search through the completion table.

BTW, once this is done, we can revert the recent change to the
`read-buffer' that adds all the buffers to the list of defaults.

        Stefan