Re: Emacs repository benchmark: bzr and git

From: dhruva
Subject: Re: Emacs repository benchmark: bzr and git
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 21:35:30 +0530

Hi,
 I am using the latest bzr from their repository to access emacs repo.
I am not seeing any performance improvements. If we need to pull from
some other tree for doing performance tests, please let us know. I
even went to #bzr channel on irc.freenode.org to see if someone could
answer my questions, I did not see enough noise or response. Anyway, I
will try again, it might be due to timezone issues...

 To the emacs maintainers and decision makers: What more information
is required to convince bzr is not the right tool at the present
moment? Every tests seems to reveal limitations in the tool compared
to available alternatives and yet I hear some say that the decision
has been made to use bzr. I have not missed out a single discussion
related to this thread and am quite verbosely involved. I personally
do not see a single mail which can tilt the scale in favor of bzr
except it is part of GNU project.

-dhruva

--
Contents reflect my personal views only!