Re:[CLOSED] Emacs on GNU/Linux kernel 2.4 - Problems

From: dhruva
Subject: Re:[CLOSED] Emacs on GNU/Linux kernel 2.4 - Problems
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 18:43:15 +0530

Hi,
 Sorry for all the noise. I was able to debug and found the problem in
'df'. I just tried the command 'df .' on a folder containing 5 files.
I ran it with strace and they have a whole lot of different code flow.
Tge older version calls a lot of stat64 and hangs with stale NFS lock
(NFS mounted disk).

Buggy version (just hangs doing nothing):
df (fileutils) 4.1.9 on kernel 2.4

working version:
df (coreutils) 5.2.1 on kernel 2.6

The issue is not with emacs!

-dhruva

--
Contents reflect my personal views only!