Re: Tutorial: clickable manual references

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Tutorial: clickable manual references
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 12:42:28 +0200

>>> I'm afraid such links in the Tutorial will distract the reader
>>
>> Good point.
>>
>>> that should concentrate on the Tutorial and not to switch to
>>> reading the Emacs manual.
>>
>> But when reading it later, there should be such a possibility, I
>> think.  Maybe we can find a non-intrusive way.
>
> Maybe put the links at the end of the tutorial?

Good idea.  Such links could in the Footnotes sections with the
primary text referring to it like:

    Completion is described in Info in the Emacs manual in the node
    called "Completion" [1].

    (And at the end of the tutorial)

    Footnotes:

    [1] The node "Completion" in the Emacs manual (info "(emacs) Completion")

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/