Re: SYNC_INPUT and 23.1.

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: SYNC_INPUT and 23.1.
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 08:13:02 +0100

Richard Stallman skrev:
I've been pretty much convinced that SYNC_INPUT should be the default.
My only doubt is about whether it leads to long delays in display updating
in situations where that would not occur without SYNC_INPUT.
I know this won't be as bad as I formerly though, but is it bad?

What have people observed?

I've used SYNC_INPUT for some months now, and I haven't noticed any delays.
Display updating in X over a slow link is a bigger problem IMHO.

        Jan D.