Re: MAINTAINERS file

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: MAINTAINERS file
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2008 16:53:42 -0400

    >  Emacs is not particularly known for only going well-trodden paths.  In
    >  more than one way it has been a front-runner for Free Software and the
    >  policies

    I know. But Richard was not saying that we should use Bazaar with
    Emacs because Emacs is one of GNU flagship projects,

I didn't say that, but now that people mention it, it is another good
reason.

                                                         but that all GNU
    projects *should use* Bazaar.

They should do so when it makes sense.  I won't insist that every GNU
package use a VCS, or that every GNU package use a dVCS.  But if it
uses a dVCS, it may as well be Bazaar.