Re: position on changing defaults?

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: position on changing defaults?
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2008 16:27:55 -0800

Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:

  > address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:
  >
  > > Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:

  > >> One more reason not to use it.
  > >
  > > With ido-mode, you type C-x b blablabla C-j y RET to create a new buffer.
  > > I guess it's the same with iswitchb.
  >
  > I use scratch buffers quite often, anything that requires more than C-x
  > b x RET to go to buffer x would not be acceptable for me.

The fact that you need to type C-j instead of RET when creating a buffer
does not seem such a huge imposition, it if makes selecting buffers much
easier for everyone else (assuming we don't find a better solution).
Creating non-file backed buffers is not something that is that frequent
for most users, and frankly probably not so desirable for newbies
(There's so much trouble with the *scratch* buffer anyway...)