Re: position on changing defaults?

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: position on changing defaults?
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 20:07:01 -0800

  >     That would be great too.  But we also need to consider the fact iswitch
  >     is here now, it works and is useful, improvements to completion are not
  >     available yet (or even in the works?).
  >
  > I have never tried iswitchb.  What incompatible changes would I notice
  > if this change were made?

Nothing fundamentally incompatible, but there are differences in which
C-x b  works.  The essence is that you don't have to press TAB to get
completions, they happen as you type.

When doing C-x b it will start by showing in the minibuffer a list of
the buffers.  When typing something the list will shrink to the buffers
that match the substring already typed (or grow when you delete
something that you typed).  You can go forward/backward in the list with
C-s/C-r.
TAB still works.
These are the basics.  Please give it a try.