Re: MAINTAINERS file

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: MAINTAINERS file
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 22:37:13 -0500

    I certainly consider the "GNU/Linux" naming issue a public relations
    disaster for the FSF.  But it can't be denied that its primary goal,
    rising awareness towards the GNU project (though not necessarily
    sympathy) is being served by it.

Anyone who criticizes the GNU Project for asking people to say
"GNU/Linux" was not likely to become a supporter anyway.  At best he
might have been neutral.  We are far better off with one strong
supporter plus one person that hates us because of false beliefs
than with two people who don't think we have done anything important.