Re: Patch: enhanced mark navigation commands

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Patch: enhanced mark navigation commands
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 02:57:23 +0200

>   > The attached lisp allows moving around within a buffer or buffers to
>   > places where recent edits or other events took place.  It has been
>   > part of Emacs.app for a while and users have found it useful; I'd like
>   > to propose it being added to the emacs distribution itself, probably
>   > as part of simple.el.
>
> Eclipse has a tool-bar button that provides very similar functionality,
> you might want to consider adding something like that in case this gets
> approved.

Do you mean that after going to a line by its number it allows
returning back to its old position later by typing M-left and forward
by M-right?

BTW, in Emacs `goto-line' doesn't push the mark to the mark ring.
I think it should since often it is used to for long distance
navigation.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/