Mode line changes

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Mode line changes
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 09:46:51 +1300

I realise there are no rules, but I think it's a good idea to post
general changes to the list first (apologies if they have and I missed
them).

I think:

1) Toggling line and column display should move to mouse-3 as it's a
   convention the this button is used for pull down menus where possible.

2) The size indication lighter shouldn't toggle line and column display
   because it has a different purpose.

3) The mode-line-highlight should not be applied to mode-line-remote because
   this face is used for `buttons' and no local-map (binding) has been added
   here.