Re: lisp-indent-line and comment-region in emacs-lisp-mode menu

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: lisp-indent-line and comment-region in emacs-lisp-mode menu
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 12:40:37 +0200

> I don't care if you add it, but please don't bind it to TAB. I use TAB to do
> `lisp-indent-line' (the default) always.

This is not the default anymore.  TAB in emacs-lisp-mode now uses the
default TAB binding `indent-for-tab-command'.  That's why Dan raised
this question.  In Emacs 22, the Emacs-Lisp menu has the item:

    Indent Line (TAB)

Now in CVS it shows a menu item with non-default `lisp-indent-line' that
has no key binding.  I think it makes sense to replace it with the command
`indent-for-tab-command' that is bound to TAB.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/