Re: bug#25: Acknowledgement (frame parameter menu-bar-lines changes heig

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: bug#25: Acknowledgement (frame parameter menu-bar-lines changes height of frame)
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 15:45:17 +0000

Drew Adams wrote:
Uh, why are we getting such emails?

You are getting this because I picked one of your outstanding reports to test the bug submission process. I didn't realise that it would result in an auto-reply to you, next time I will forward an email from my own address rather than resending an existing report with original headers intact.

And why does it say to submit further info about the bug to
"address@hidden, as before." As before?

Obviously there are problems to be ironed out.

 We should continue to be able to sort mails by thread, sender, etc. in our mail
clients, and not have a thread get split into different subjects, addresses,
etc.

I think we're going to have to put up with some breakage of this ideal while we make the transition to the new bug reporting system. Once the new system is up and running, the prefixes on the subject line should be consistent once the bug has hit the system. If we impose requirements like "no changing the subject line" on bug reporting tools, we are going to end up with a bug tracker that is basically an unsorted mailing list archive that someone needs to go in and fix up by hand.