Re: Suggestion: epa-file-select-keys should show currently selected keys

From: Daiki Ueno
Subject: Re: Suggestion: epa-file-select-keys should show currently selected keys
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 13:07:39 +0900

> Daiki Ueno <address@hidden> writes:
> > For Rmail, I would like someone familiar with Rmail to check.  The key
> > bindings in mail-mode are described in "(epa) Mail-mode integration".

> I will implement EasyPG support for Rmail.

Thanks.  Please let me know if you feel uneasy when using the library.

> BTW, I see there are many warnings like

>   "Don't use this code in Lisp programs!"

> inside the docstrings of epa-*.el defuns.
> Are all those warnings necessary?

I would say yes.  The rationale is:

The library functions of EasyPG are designed to work on strings and
files rather than buffers, because implicit data conversion depending on
buffer's multibyteness is sometimes an impediment for binary data
handling.  All functions which have those warnings work on buffers.  The
buffer based commands also do automatic detection of coding-systems.

So I would recommend to use string based API instead of these commands
for reliable data handling.

> I'm using EasyPG/Gnus since the merge with no problem at all.

That's good.

Regards,
--
Daiki Ueno