Re: Font objects

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: Font objects
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 20:51:15 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, address@hidden (Johan Bockg$(D+)(Brd) writes:

> Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:
> > address@hidden (Johan Bockg$(D+)(Brd) writes:
> >
>>> This internal-looking type shows up in Lisp land:
> >
>>> (font-at 0 nil "x")
> >
> > Does it cause any problem?  In the future, I'd like to implement a
> > font-object not as Lisp_Misc_Save_Value type but as some of
> > pseudovector type.  That is much cleaner.

> `type-of' crashes when given this object.

Ummm, I didn't know.  I want to do the work of implementing
a real font-object at the same time as I make the
font-backend the mandatory and remove all legary font
handling code.  But, as I'm now so overloaded, I can't start
that work.  If fixing this problem is urgent, I welcome
anyone to change the current font-object representation to a
real object.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden