Re: m17n, otf0 and configuring on Kubuntu

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: m17n, otf0 and configuring on Kubuntu
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 12:58:44 +0900

>> > I just built and installed the latest versions of those libraries
>> > (available from the m17n.org website), and everything worked.

>> What functionality do they add?  AFAIK, AA-fonts work fine without
>> them.

> They are to provide so called CTL (Complex Text Layout) facility for
> Indic scripts and etc. using OpenType fonts.

In the Mac Core Text font-backend driver I'm developing, these scripts
are laid out by the function `ctfont_shape' that is implemented using
the layout engine in Core Text framework instead of libm17n-flt.  But
I could not find any examples of the case that LGLYPH_ADJUSTMENT
becomes non-nil in etc/HELLO.  Could you possibly give some examples
where LGLYPH_ADJUSTMENT is essential so I can test such cases?

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden

PNG image