Re: Emacs pretest 22.1.91

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Emacs pretest 22.1.91
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 01:46:29 +0000

Takashi Hiromatsu wrote:
Could you teach me, what are the advances from or differences between
libxpm.dll from "xpm4.dll" or "libXpm-nox4.dll" ?
They are different names for the same library. On X, the library is called libXpm.so, or with its major version libXpm.so.4.

The version distributed with Emacs is based on the current version distributed with x.org X11R7.3, which is libXpm-3.5.7. I believe most other versions that are available for Windows are based on libXpm-3.4k unless they have picked up the latest version since I submitted the patches that were required to compile on Windows to x.org.