RE: highlight failed part of isearch input

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: highlight failed part of isearch input
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 16:12:19 -0800

> > I don't think we should pick colors for UI design (e.g.
> > defaults) based on their names, but based on their properties.
> > Pick the right color, regardless of what convention we use
> > to name it.
>
> Colors are to the eye as musical notes are to the ear. The ones that
> look pleasing to the eye have names, and you'd be well advised to use
> them. Defining colors for a UI using hex RGB numbers is the same as
> composing music using frequencies.

Do as you like, but that, I'm afraid, is pure nonsense.

The part about "the ones that look pleasing to the eye", in particular.
Sounds like Joseph II's "too many notes" comment about the Marriage of
Figaro.

Again, do as you like. Pick "Hello Kitty Pink" if you like - quite pleasing,
and it should be recognizable from Xinjiang to Xixuanbanna, the long way
'round.