Re: Should M-SPC respect `sentence-end-double-space'?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Should M-SPC respect `sentence-end-double-space'?
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 09:52:22 +0900

>  > M-SPC is an important Emacs command,
>
> Oh, yeah, that reminds me of an occasional wish: should M-SPC respect
> `sentence-end-double-space'?  It currently doesn't, but it sort of
> feels like a filling command to me.  If this has been tried and
> failed, or there are strong intuitions against, I'd like to know.

Why should it?  It's a command for inserting a single space, not a
command for inserting whitespace-following-end-of-sentence...

Anyway, if you like double-spaces (as I do), it's very convenient as-is
for use after a sentence:  ESC SPC SPC

[I use this command a lot, and only occasionally does it happen to be at
the end of a sentence.]

-Miles

--
The key to happiness
 is having dreams.      [from a fortune cookie]