Re: Git repository and branches ?

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: Re: Git repository and branches ?
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 03:00:07 +0100

   Xavier Maillard <address@hidden> writes:
   > How can I get a specific branch of the current CVS using the git
   > repository ? Cloning the git repository has only fetched the
   > master branch.

   Cloning with git fetches _all_ branches that exist in the cloned git
   repo.  They are under the "origin/" namespace.

Right.

      git checkout -b lexbind origin/lexbind

   [After that, you can switch to your local lexbind branch by just
   using "git checkout lexbind"; to switch back to the trunk, use
   "git checkout master".]

Will my local git repository be able to "track" the activity of
the branch I am working. In short, will git-pull also fetch
branches ? If not, how can I tell it to automatically track and
fetch any change made on a given remote branch ?

Regards,

        Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org