Re: 23.0.60; Frame colors differ from customized

From: Guilherme Mesquita Gondim
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; Frame colors differ from customized
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 21:27:59 -0300

> To help us reproduce the problem, could you please post a *precise*
> test case for this bug?
>
> The test case should start with `emacs -q', so that your .emacs file
> does not affect it, and it should show exactly what text to put in the
> buffer, what commands to execute, and how and where to click.  Also
> please say exactly what incorrect results you get.

Hi Stallman,

I've started the emacs with `-q' and `--no-site-file'.

For reproduce the bug, I only change the colors for foreground (for
white) and background (for black) with customize-face' (default face)
and create a new frame. The colors that I've changed not affects the new
frames (starts with background white and foreground text black). Other
faces, like hl-line, works properly in new frames.

My Emacs version:
   GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.8) of
   2008-02-15 on elegiac, modified by Debian

I uses GNOME in Debian Sid (updated), but with X in failsafe mode I have
the same problem.

My Emacs package is from: http://emacs.orebokech.com/

> Please read the Bugs section in the Emacs manual, which provides
> guidelines on how to write a bug report to give us the necessary
> information so we can fix the bug.

Ok. Thanks! :-)
semente

--