Re: Debbugs testbed

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Debbugs testbed
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 06:20:35 +0100

Nick Roberts <address@hidden> writes:

>  > > Useful links to start are http://emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com/emacs and
>  > > http://emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com/Reporting
>  >
>  > As mentioned on the discussion last month, debbugs has some drawbacks:
>  >...
>
> What I like about it is that Don has gone and done something rather than just
> sitting back and talking about it.  Let's wait until people have tried it out
> before discussing it further.

I'm sorry. Forgot to ask your permission for commenting. <g>.

For testing debbugs (or any other bug tracker) it is not enough with the
developers. You need to involve the users.

debbugs is not new, it is the system used by Debian and there is plenty
of experience with it.

Plus, some things are obvious. You don't need to work with debbugs for 6
months to realize that it is has no web interface for reporting bugs.

Not do dismiss Don's work. I appreciate his effort.

--
Oscar