Re: patch: add-log.el: changelog find file under point

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: patch: add-log.el: changelog find file under point
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 07:34:54 +0100

> The etags approach doesn't seem to me too promising, because
> its implementation is unreliable.  But imenu would be useful.
> If it doesn't support yet some mode we could improve it.

Imenu support for c-mode is a pain, have yo ever tried it?  etags is far
superior in this regard.  Anyway, the basic idea of `local-tags' was to
make tags creation customizable on a per-buffer (per-mode) base.  Hence
people should be able to write the appropriate plugins for `cscope' and
`gnu-globals' (neither of them work here) as well.