Re: Bad drawing of xft fonts overlapping box cursor

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Bad drawing of xft fonts overlapping box cursor
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 00:58:28 +0000

On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 21:47:13 +0100 address@hidden (Johan Bockgård) wrote:
In some fonts certain characters can produce overlaps with the box
cursor.  This leads to uglily drawn characters.

When investigating whether the new font backend had made a particular cursor display bug on Windows disappear a few months back, I noticed that the old font code is still used for drawing box cursors. As far as I could tell, that was the case on all platforms. I didn't get a response to the mail where I mentioned it, so I don't know whether it is an oversight or a known TODO, and whether it has since been fixed. It might be worth setting a breakpoint in the box cursor drawing code in xterm.c and see if it is hit, and how it ends up drawing the text.