Re: (aset UNIBYTE-STRING MULTIBYTE-CHAR)

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: (aset UNIBYTE-STRING MULTIBYTE-CHAR)
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 10:49:25 +0900

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
> While I don't consider Python as the best design by far (the lack of
> type system rules it out right away), Elisp's dynamic scoping mixed with
> buffer-local and frame-local and terminal-local variables is pretty
> horrendous,

Hey I didn't make any claims about elisp's variables (or elisp at all
for that matter...).  Python is far from being the _worst_ language out
there.

Still, the phrase "damning with faint praise" comes to mind...

-Miles

--
Infancy, n. The period of our lives when, according to Wordsworth, 'Heaven
lies about us.' The world begins lying about us pretty soon afterward.