Re: [21.1.90]: point put at point-min in *compilation*

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [21.1.90]: point put at point-min in *compilation*
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 23:15:42 -0500

    Well, you wrote that the screen scrolling was too fast.  You specified
    a workaround of slowing down the compiler, but that seems silly since
    Emacs will buffer as much text as the compiler wants to throw at it.
    So I propose slowing down the scrolling to a pace at which you can
    keep up with it, which of course will vary depending on how heavily
    multitasked you are.

It sounds like this means it would scroll more slowly, but steadily,
unless/until it catches up with the end of the output.

It sounds worth a try.

    I have no problem editing in one window while window-point is moving
    in another.

I too can do that, if I block out whatever happens in the other
window.