Re: Still cannot build native windows version of emacs 23.*

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Still cannot build native windows version of emacs 23.*
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 06:09:17 +0200

> From: Eric Lilja <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 22:28:31 +0100
>
> > Can you manually modify admin/unidate/makefile so that Emacs when run
> > displays the value of load-path?  Then show it here.
> >
> Well, the only working emacs I have right now is GNU Emacs 22.1.50.1
> (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2007-10-28 on MINDCOOLER. My stupid script
> proceeded to wipe out my working emacs-23 binaries thinking that the
> build went okay. Can I use this and what exactly do I need to do? Sorry
> for asking dumb questions.

No need to apologize, I didn't explain enough.

What I meant is this: modify the line in admin/unidate/makefile that
says

        "../../src/oo-spd/i386/emacs.exe" -Q --multibyte -batch -f
batch-byte-compile unidata-gen.el

to say this instead:

        "../../src/oo-spd/i386/emacs.exe" -Q --multibyte -batch --eval
"(message \"%s\" load-path)"

and then see what it displays when you run "make bootstrap".

Note that, since admin/unidate/makefile is generated by "make
bootstrap", you will either need to edit admin/unidate/makefile.w32-in
and then run nt/configure.bat to create admin/unidate/makefile, or
edit admin/unidate/makefile while "make bootstrap" runs, but before it
gets to where it executes the above line.