Re: Still cannot build native windows version of emacs 23.*

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Still cannot build native windows version of emacs 23.*
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 06:06:10 +0200

> From: Eric Lilja <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 21:01:33 +0100
>
> > If the above does not help, please post here the full transcript of
> > "configure --enable-font-backend" and "make bootstrap".  This problem
> > should have been solved since yesterday.
>
> I will post again with them attached as text files. Do you have any tips
> on how I should get the output into text files in the best possible way?
> Just use > or something else?

Yes, but with a twist:

  configure --enable-font-backend 2>&1 | tee session.log
  make bootstrap 2>&1 | tee -a session.log

This has the advantage of showing you the output and at the same time
logging it to the file session.log.  You will need a port of `tee' (I
use the one from the ported Coreutils available on the GnuWin32 site).
The "2>&1" construct assumes you have Windows 2000 or later; it will
not work in Windows 9x, I think.