Re: Unicode-2 crash by set-face-font

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Unicode-2 crash by set-face-font
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 14:22:56 +0000

Kenichi Handa wrote:
In article <address@hidden>, Katsumi Yamaoka <address@hidden> writes:

I greatly thank anyone who tries building the latest Unicode-2.
I use Fedora 8 Linux that I update every day.  The configure
options I use are:

I've just installed (hopefully the right) fix.  Please try
again.
After this change, the default font on Windows is larger than it should be. Other fonts (bold, italic, other charsets, variable etc) are the correct size.

I can't tell whether the cause is the change to font.c on 25 Jan, or the change to xfaces.c on 23 Jan since between these dates Emacs crashes on startup (as reported on this thread), but before 23 Jan the font was sized correctly. These two changes were the only changes on emacs-unicode-2 branch in that timeframe (I verified that the offending change was in the src directory by pinning all other directories to 23 Jan and only updating src).