Image DLLs for the Windows binary of Emacs 22.2 (was: Pretest 22.1.90)

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Image DLLs for the Windows binary of Emacs 22.2 (was: Pretest 22.1.90)
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 20:55:34 +0100

On Thu, Jan 31 2008, Jason Rumney wrote:

> A Windows binary is available at
>  ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/windows/emacs-22.1.90-bin-i386.zip
[...]
> In addition, libxpm.dll is bundled, [...]

What about the DLLs for PNG, JPEG and other image formats?  It would
be great if you could include them as well.

In the discussion in July 2007, Richard agreed to include them in the
zip file, see the articles below:

,----[ <http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.bugs/15799/focus=74079> ]

`----

,----[ <http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.bugs/15799/focus=74214> ]
| From: Jason Rumney
| Subject: Re: bad tool-bar icons in Emacs 22.1 release
| Newsgroups: gmane.emacs.devel
| Date: 2007-07-02 23:30:53 GMT
|
| Richard Stallman wrote:
| >     Is not that a good argument for including them in the binaries then?
| >
| > It is an argument in favor of that.  But people say that would be a pain
| > for other reasons.  So maybe this is the best compromise.
| >

| I must have missed that mail - what was the pain?
`----

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,