Re: linum.el?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: linum.el?
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 15:52:31 -0500

    > Could people stop adding new features to the 22.x branch?

    That's a nice answer to my asking...

    BTW, where were you when socks.el, css-mode.el, vera-mode.el,
    vc-hg.el, vc-git.el, vc-bzr.el, vc-mtn.el, verilog-mode.el and
    blank-mode.el were added to the EMACS_22_BASE branch?

It's not out of the question to add a modular new feature to Emacs
22.2.  If it can't break anything else, it isn't risky.  But we may
not want to add any more of them now, since we want to start
pretesting it now.