Re: testing for a remote file to include file on a Windows mappeddrive

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: testing for a remote file to include file on a Windows mappeddrive
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 20:50:29 +0100

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> I don't see the problem: Tramp should simply always return nil.
> That's fine.  The code (doc-view) will than fallback on the use of
> file-local-copy to pass the file's content to the local process.

I'm really sorry, Stefan, but in this case I'm too stupid to see what's
the value of this function. In the remote case it shall always return
nil - this could be checked by (not (file-remote-p file)). What does the
function return the local case? Just the file name, expanded?

Maybe it helps to see your use case in doc-view.el?

>         Stefan

Best regards, Michael.