text-property-any

From: Stephen Berman
Subject: text-property-any
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 16:12:20 +0100

The value of (text-property-any start end 'foo "bar") is always nil,
because text-property-any in effect uses `eq' to check property values.
Would there be bad consequences if it used `equal' instead?  If this is
not a viable option, is there a recommended way to find out if some
character has a property with a particular string value?  I suppose
looping on next-single-property-change and testing for `equal'ity will
work; is that the best way?  (My use case is a display property with a
string value.)  Thanks,

Steve Berman