emacsclient bug

From: Len Trigg
Subject: emacsclient bug
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 13:07:55 +1300

I use emacs pretty much exclusively in multi-tty mode, seldom creating
actual X frames.  I recently switched from the pre-emacs-22 multi-tty
branch to the new emacs-23 snapshot (from a few days ago) and have
noticed some changes.

1) Start a new emacs in a tty

2) (server-start)

3) In another shell, do:
   $ emacsclient <somefilename>

4) BUG: emacs opens a new frame.  It should instead load into my
existing emacs tty.  The old multi-tty emacsclient did this correctly
(although it needed a flag, --current-frame, since superseded by the
reverse --create-frame, to achieve this).

Another problem (I'm not sure if it previously existed), is that if
you specify the --no-wait option, but the file to be loaded causes a
minibuffer prompt (e.g.: if the file is a symlink), the emacsclient
does in fact wait (until the minibuffer prompt is answered).

Cheers,
Len.