Re: RFC: status icon support

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: RFC: status icon support
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 05:52:13 -0800

  >     Please no K&R in new code.
  >
  > We have no policy against K&R style.  I recently accepted non-K&R
  > function definitions in Emacs sources, but I still do not particularly
  > like it.  K&R style is easier to read anyway.

It might be easier to read for you personally, but it is harder for
people that have never written/read any K&R code. Some emacs
contributors have started programming after C was standardized, so they
never had a chance to know any different (and its quite possible that
some were even born after the standardization).

So yes, this preference has a price, and one that is not in emacs' best
interest to pay.