Re: fix to make log-view.el work with svn

From: Stephan Stahl
Subject: Re: fix to make log-view.el work with svn
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 15:15:05 +0100 (CET)

Hi Glenn.

Glenn Morris wrote:

> "Stephan Stahl" wrote:
>
>> lisp/log-view.el is said to work with svn but it does not work for
>> me unless i patch these lines (or change the variable by hand..).
>> Maybe someone wants to apply this change to the emacs sources.
>
> What version of Emacs, and please give a recipe starting from -Q
> showing a problem.

Happend with:
GNU Emacs 23.0.0.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2007-08-18 on TPAD
  which is the 'current' one from http://ntemacs.sourceforge.net/
I just opened a file under svn control and did C-x v l and then pressed d to
view the diff for the
last and previous version.
Result was:
log-view-current-file: Search failed: "^\\(?:Working file:
\\(?1:.+\\)\\|\\(?:SCCS/s\\.\\|Changes
to \\)\\(?1:.+\\):\\)
"

> The current version of vc-svn in the CVS trunk uses "Working file"
> (singular) AFAICS, so I don't see why that change would be needed.

I did take a look at emacs-snapshot installed on my debian laptop and you are
right vc-svn uses
"Working file" there!

GNU Emacs 23.0.50.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.3) of 2008-01-06 on
eligiac, modified by
debian
  from http://emacs.orebokech.com

SO SORRY, guess i was too fast and will simply patch the file on my computer at
work..

Regards and thanks for the quick response,
Stephan