Re: CC mode 5.31.4: c-{beginning, end}-of-defun try to modify buffer

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: CC mode 5.31.4: c-{beginning, end}-of-defun try to modify buffer
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 22:47:52 +0000

Hi, Martin!

On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 09:17:43PM +0100, martin rudalics wrote:
> > As I say, that's just a guess.  I'll take a closer look at it sometime.
> > I suspect it is one of these irritating little bugs whose solution
> > demands extensive redesign - here, perhaps, by using overlays/extents
> > instead of text properties.

> Do you bind `buffer-file-name' to nil when applying text properties?

No!  :-)

Thank you muchly for the tip!

I use a macro called c-save-buffer-state, which was modelled on
font-lock's original save-buffer-state some years ago.  At some stage,
presumably s-b-s got modified but c-s-b-s didn't.  Time to fix it!

I can't understand why save-buffer-state has never become a standard
Emacs macro.  If you're doing _anything_ with text properties, you can't
do without it.  (OK, Eli, there's one or two exceptions, I know! ;-)

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).