Re: Scrolling in image-mode

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Scrolling in image-mode
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 09:36:57 +0100

Angelo Graziosi <address@hidden> writes:

> [...]

Ups, sorry. :)

,----[ C-h f pc-selection-mode RET ]
| pc-selection-mode is an interactive autoloaded Lisp function in `pc-select'.
| (pc-selection-mode &optional ARG)

[...]

| The arrow keys (and others) are bound to new functions which modify
| the status of the mark.

[...]

| [back]
`----

So with pc-selection-mode -> is not forward-char but
forward-char-nomark, and image mode remaps forward-char to
image-forward-hscroll but does not do the same for forward-char-nomark.

If pc-selection-mode makes the original keys accessible somehow, then
use those for image-scrolling .  (C-h w forward-char RET, or in
image-mode C-h w image-forward-hscroll RET)

> Is it a bug?

Not really.

But you can redefine the image-mode bindings in image-mode-hook like
this:

(add-hook 'image-mode-hook
          (lambda ()
            (local-set-key (kbd "<right>") 'image-forward-hscroll)
            ))

Bye,
Tassilo