Re: What a modern collaboration toolkit looks like

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: What a modern collaboration toolkit looks like
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 23:18:16 -0500

    Well, your above Email doesn't.  CVS does not work by Email, git does
    not work by IRC, and neither are in any manner even remotely related
    with medieval merchants.

Using IRC to communicate was part of method that ESR wanted us to
adopt.  I agree we can separate that issue from use of a DVCS.

The medieval merchants are an analogy; if you take it literally
then you don't get the point.