Re: Put hide-ifdef on menu-bar?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Put hide-ifdef on menu-bar?
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 20:34:05 -0500

Nick> Eclipse places many different markers in the fringe: compilation
Nick> error, bookmarks, TODO markers, etc.  We could do the same in
Nick> Emacs but that reminds me that it's currently not possible to
Nick> add a tooltip to such markers.  Perhaps this should be put in
Nick> TODO.

> Also, Eclipse allows fringe elements which do not scroll with the
> window contents.  This turns out to be pretty handy.

> For instance you could show the user the visible area of the current
> buffer (relative to the size of the whole buffer) as a different
> background color.  In Eclipse you can see little blocks in the
> right-hand fringe which represent errors, problems, etc, and you can
> click them to jump to the corresponding point.

> I don't think there is a way to do this in Emacs yet, either.

Those things should be put in the scrollbar, don't you think?

        Stefan