Re: Change the default binding of C-x C-e ?

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Change the default binding of C-x C-e ?
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 12:45:30 -0700

Robert> I just checked this:  I can use C-x C-e (eval-last-sexp) to set the
Robert> value of a variable with `defvar' for the first time.  As described in
Robert> the Introduction, I cannot change the value a second time with
Robert> `defvar' and `eval-last-sexp'; for that, I must use `setq'.

For interactive elisp hacking I redefine eval-last-sexp to treat a
defvar more like a defconst.  This is pretty handy since it means I
don't have to modify the source or copy/paste/modify sexps in order to
do what I (usually) want.

Tom