Re: What a modern collaboration toolkit looks like

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: What a modern collaboration toolkit looks like
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 18:03:03 +0100

"Robert J. Chassell" <address@hidden> writes:

> David Kastrup <address@hidden> said
>
>     CVS does not work by Email ...
>
> Right, it does not.  In other paragraphs, I talked about email.
> Comments, like yours, come via email.
>
> In those paragraphs, I talked about the fear that some would be
> excluded because at times they are disconnected from the net, don't
> want interruptions, or don't want you to adapt your work and sleep
> pattern to them.

And CVS, which requires a constant net connection for working or
comparing with anything but the currently checked-out work copy, is
supposed to be less worrisome than a system where you can work with your
own private repository off-line, including all the diff and branching
machinery?

You are flaunting a fundamental weakness of CVS (and other centralized
SCMs) in _support_ of it?

I am afraid that I still can't read any sense into your argument.