Re: multiple queries to delete excess backup version w/ custom

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: multiple queries to delete excess backup version w/ custom
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 11:09:14 +0100

> Eh, am I supposed to have an opinion?  Yes, customize-save-all can be
> called multiple times.   And yes, that is a bug, not a feature.
> Fixing it will require either some careful analysis figuring out all
> possible ways it can be called with the possibility of forgetting
> some, or some gross hack like an "inhibit" variable.  Your choice.

Thank you for responding.  The doc-string of `Custom-save' says

  "Set all edited settings, then save all settings that have been set."

which inherently reduces to

  (widget-apply child :custom-set)

followed by

  (custom-save-all)

Can you recall why you needed

  (widget-apply child :custom-save)

here, that is, something like:

  "Save all edited settings, then save all settings that have been set."