Re: What a modern collaboration toolkit looks like

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: What a modern collaboration toolkit looks like
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 04:50:34 -0500

    With git I can commit locally whenever I want.  If I have three
    alternative approaches to handle something I can easily create three
    local branches and switch between them to test which is better.  And if
    I do somthing stupid (which I always do!) I can easily revert to a
    previous version.

The feature of local branches does sound useful.

    I don't see the difference between pulling from somebody (after a
    review) and applying the patches attached to a mail.

Is it possible to "pull from somebody" when his machine
is not on line?