Re: Is there an Arch expert here?

From: Manoj Srivastava
Subject: Re: Is there an Arch expert here?
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 01:17:25 -0600

Hi,
On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 12:54:26 -0500 (EST), Eric S Raymond
<address@hidden> said:

> I saw a posting go by that implied there might be an Arch
> expert/advocate on this list.  That would be good, because I need one.

> I'm working on a survey paper on VCSes.  It includes analyses of all
> the major ones. Each analysis includes a sample session intended to
> illustrate typical workflow.

> I have not been able to make Arch work well enough to finish my sample
> session.  I need help from someone who has mastered its horrifying
> intricacies.

        I have a section titled "A day in the Life" on maintaining a
 Debian package using Arch over at:

        http://arch.debian.org/arch/private/srivasta/
 I have tried to detail the workflow I used; and while I have
 streamlined my workflow since I put up that page by adding personal
 scaffolding around arch, the underlying structure remains the same.

        I'll be happy to answer questions; though I am away on a
 business trip the rest of this week; I might  find time to answer
 non-work related email.

        manoj

--
Your mode of life will be changed to ASCII.
Manoj Srivastava <address@hidden> <http://www.golden-gryphon.com/>