Re: What a modern collaboration toolkit looks like

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: What a modern collaboration toolkit looks like
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2008 10:41:01 +0900

"Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden> writes:
> They're not fashionistas. They have a belief, which is not badly founded
> given the evidence available to them, that the Emacs project is old,
> tired, badly run, and effectively moribund.

Are they judging the software, or the "project"?

In my activitiy as a "branch merger", as well as reading the mailing
list, I see the activity of the Emacs project in a fair amount of
detail.  It's quite clear to me that while the Emacs project is
obviously old (hard to change that :-), it's neither "tired" nor
"moribund"; indeed, sometimes I rather wish people would be a bit _less_
enthusiastic about making changes.... :-/

[Note that I'm all for moving to more modern tools.  Subversion is
probably not a great choice though -- if we're going to change, we
should change to one of the distributed systems like git.]

-Miles

--
The key to happiness
 is having dreams.      [from a fortune cookie]