Re: To be a list or not

From: Eric Hanchrow
Subject: Re: To be a list or not
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 13:40:40 -0800

    The first of these complaints that it wants a list, the second says is
    is a list:

        ;; (length '(prop . val))
        ;; (listp '(prop . val))

    (With Emacs 22)

Well, it's working as advertised:

    listp is a built-in function in `src/data.c'.
    (listp OBJECT)

    Return t if OBJECT is a list, that is, a cons cell or nil.
    Otherwise, return nil.

Although I myself don't think that any old cons cell ought to be
considered a list either.

--
Like most people, I would like to use the words ''parameters''
and ''behoove'' in the same sentence, but I am not sure how.