Re: address@hidden: Several problems in KDE/KWin]

From: Stephen Berman
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Several problems in KDE/KWin]
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2007 13:31:05 +0100

On Sat, 08 Dec 2007 10:41:44 +0100 Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> wrote:

> Stephen Berman <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 20:08:00 +0100 Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>>> If you try to maximize a second time the frame is actually truely
>>> maximized.
>>
>> This is so if you maximize either vertically (mouse-2) or horizontally
>> (mouse-3) but not for both dimensions simultaneously (mouse-1).
>
> I don't see any difference between these three operations.

Interesting.  I see what I wrote with emacs -Q on GNU Emacs 23.0.50.3
(i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.0) of 2007-11-29 running in KDE
3.5.8-2.2 under openSUSE 10.3.  In particular, if I click the maximize
button in the frame with mouse-1 a second time, the frame expands to
true maximum for a fraction of a second but then snaps back to the
previous not quite maximum size.  With mouse-2 or mouse-3, in contrast,
clicking maximize a second time or more toggles between true and not
quite maximum.  What KDE and OS are you using?

Steve Berman