org mode, cvs emacs, and calendar.el

From: Mark A. Hershberger
Subject: org mode, cvs emacs, and calendar.el
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 15:11:46 -0500

Putting

    %%(org-calendar-holiday)

in my todo.org (as suggested on John Wiegley's howto) results in several
annoying “Bad sexp at line …” because org-calendar-holiday calls the
obsolete check-calendar-holidays.

One way to fix this is to copy the define-obsolete-function-alias
statements from the end of holidays.el to diary-lib.el.  This would help
other code that requires diary-lib expecting check-calendar-holidays to
be defined.

The other is to add a (require ‘holidays) to the org-calendar-holiday
function.  This would allow org.el to continue to work with CVS as well
as released versions of emacs.

Advice?

--
http://hexmode.com/
GPG Fingerprint: 7E15 362D A32C DFAB E4D2  B37A 735E F10A 2DFC BFF5

The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious.
    -- Albert Einstein, The World As I See it